Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Best Day...

I found this today and it really struck a chord:
“The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.”
Bob Moawad
It started me thinking about what I (we) have chosen to do in this life and how important it is to actively participate, not to just let life happen to you. Sometimes when we are really scrambling during the "heat" of the season, its hard to do any more than just keep putting one foot in front of the other and forging ahead. But oh, how much we miss when that is how we spend our days.

I must always remind myself:
Live
See
Do
Be
Love

It is so simple, and yet, so easy to forget to chose to live rather than to just let life happen.

No comments: