Monday, June 1, 2009

Still Here

No we haven't died in some mysterious farming accident, buried under a two-ton pile of compost. Nor have we chucked it all and returned to our theatre lives. No, its just spring and if I had a web cam pointed outside, you would see me crawling around on hands and knees transplanting vegetables like a mad woman.

Last weekend was all about tomatoes, eggplant, edible flowers and herbs (thanking my lucky stars for family and Terri help!). This weekend was bed-prep followed by transplanting garden huckleberries, ground cherries, hot peppers, okra, cucumbers, patty pan squash and zucchini. The haywagon which was once a solid block of transplants is now just dotted with orphan plants and the yet-to-be-planted herbs. So the bulk of the transplanting is now complete, then there's the weeding...
I haven't forgotten about the blog, I just can't seem to find a way to get everything I want to get done, done.

So yesterday while transplanting ground cherries I had a eureka moment, followed by a "duh" moment which involved smacking myself in the forehead with a muddy glove. It can be summarized in two words...
"Guest Blogger!"

I know, its not exactly revolutionary thinking, but I had been encouraging my mom to start a blog to show off all of her wonderful nature photography from around the farm when I realized that I could provide the forum and she could help update and beautify the blog. So keep checking in, as new and exciting content is on its way.

3 comments:

Miss Effie said...

Love it!!!! Can she guest blog a few miles (ok 150+ miles!) away???

Jill ..... you are brilliant!!!

Headfam said...

Wonderful idea!!! I'm looking forward to it. I'm glad you updated your blog. I was beginning to get worried about you.

girlwithasword said...

fantastic idea! can't wait to see your mom's posts! :)