Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Frosted Colors



Probably not your normal blog post about fall colors, but we've never been ones to fit the "normal" mold.

Yesterday Mom & I spent the afternoon playing "mad scientist" up to our elbows in acid dyes, wet wool and plastic wrap. The newly dyed wool hadn't dried by the time the sun went down so I just left it hanging on the line. Luckily, Blue and Luci have never shown any interest in the wool as long as I keep it out of easy reach.
This morning when I went out to check it, the fiber was mostly dry, but gilded with a frosty gleam. Wish I could keep that look when it was spun, it was a pretty "cool" sight! Now to get it all spun into a more useful (and salable) form.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

They certainly do look beautiful! It also looks like a lot of work.

Amy said...

Wow! Vegetables wearing underwear and now this?! I. Must. Visit. The. Farm.

Awesome seeing you and Sean at the market on Saturday. I have been enjoying my lavender syrup with my apple cider herb tea. Who knew those flavors would marry?!

BlueGate said...

The kids are in school, Amy...come on down!! ; )
You're right, never would have paired those flavors, love it when you discover something new and tasty!