Monday, November 24, 2008

Atlas Pasta Maker

We were already planning on our annual Noodle-Making Marathon for next week. We have to plan ahead because the noodles take over every raised horizontal surface for at least two days while they dry. Its a little crazy because we always did it all by hand and it took all day long...but not anymore!

Today while running a few errands we stopped at an area thrift store and there on a back shelf, in a battered box marked with the words OMC Atlas from Italy, was a beautifully made, stainless-steel pasta maker.

It has attached cutters for making fettuccine and spaghetti and you can buy a whole assortment of other attachments for it. I can't wait to try it out! If anyone has suggestions for good pasta recipes, please share. We'll start with our traditional and Herbed Whole Wheat noodles, but other favorite recipes are welcome! And if you have experience with this specific pasta maker, let us know what you think about it.

I'll post pictures of the new toy in use sometime next week...wish me luck!


5 comments:

girlwithasword said...

Jill, I seriously can't believe this. We are noodle twins! Separated a birth? lol. anyway. That is the exact pasta maker I have! AND - we had also planned our pasta-making marathon for next weekend! Can you believe it??

I have only made pasta once - with Terri. i have her recipe if you want it, it made delicious pasta! We didn't let it dry though. Just piled it in small "nests", and froze them. Then when we wanted pasta - boom, from the freezer into the ferociously boiling water, done in no time flat, tasted as good as fresh.

girlwithasword said...

PS have you done ravioli? If not, we HAVE to have a ravioli-making party. it is SO much fun, and you can do a ton in a small amount of time with a few people helping. We could do loads of different fillings. it would be a blast. They freeze beautifully too. I've been wanting an excuse to invest in some of those uber-cool ravioli-making trays.

Headfam said...

Mmmmmmmm...oodles of noodles. It's like heaven just thinking about it....

Judy T said...

Hmmm. I wonder if that used to be mine... I had one just like that. I lent it to a friend (who since denied ever having it) and never got it back. I still have the instruction manual/recipe book somewhere (I never throw anything away). My hubby got me the pasta rollers for my KitchenAid mixer last year and that's WAY fun!!!

BlueGate said...

Bring on those recipes! Maybe I should do a test run before next week's marathon...hmmm...