Friday, January 29, 2010

The Chicken Hat

This might very well be the best gift I've ever received...certainly the funniest, if nothing else!


The backstory: My very talented and slightly crazy friend Claire arrived at the Winter Market this past December wearing a hat that looked like a 3-D, hand-knit chicken perched on atop her head. It was the funniest thing I'd ever seen at market (that's saying something) and I nearly had to walk away I was laughing so hard.

So last week when I attended our annual spinner's party at Claire's home, she presented me with a very special gift, a chicken hat of my very own. Now you must understand, this is a special-occasion hat, not something you wear out wood-cutting or doing chores. I'm not sure who had the better look on their faces when I modeled it, Sean or Blue.
But I have to tell you, this hat is a built-in attitude adjustment. Its awfully hard to be grouchy or stressed out when you look like this!
(Thanks to my personal photographer, aka Mom, for the chicken hat photo shoot!)

4 comments:

Pat said...

Cute as can be!!
Pat Stewart

Rindee said...

I HAVE to get the pattern for that. Will Claire share it?

Diann said...

I love it Jill! Hope to see it at Market some Saturday morning :)

~mel said...

too cute! my mom has a duck hat ... so why not a chicken hat!