Sunday, January 4, 2009

Good Morning Sunshine



It was a balmy 15 ° when I woke up this morning, but one look out the window compelled me to throw on my coat and boots run outside, climb over the icy gate and stomp into the now-barren hayfield to snap this photo. I know the focus isn't great, but the color was just too vibrant to pass up.


We finally managed to celebrate Christmas with my family last night and much fun was had by all. Among the many fun and very generous gifts was a new sled for me (woohoo!) So I have a sledding date later today with my 3 yr old nephew "Z" on the one remaining snowy slope that leads out onto the lower pond.


In addition to our holiday celebration yesterday, we spent the late morning installing the remaining ribs and center purlin for the new high tunnel...big celebratory cheer!! We may actually have the silly thing ready for April planting after all. Huge thanks to my dad and BIL Sean for their continuing help on the HT project.

2 comments:

girlwithasword said...

what an AMAZING picture!!! WOW! And that is so exciting to see the progress on your 2nd high tunnel too. Fantastic!!

Mama Podkayne said...

Awesome sunrise. That morning was the first we spent together at the farm, our 10 year anniversary, and wouldn't you know.... my camera batteries were dead. I didn't find/unpack the charger until Monday!

Thank you for your kind offers of sugar, we will be taking you up on it soon. In the meantime, we'd also love a visit here. :)